Posts Tagged ‘24×7’
In late August of last year, we had a nasty shock when our datacenter was directly struck by lightning during a fierce storm. For any datacenter this could be a nightmare scenario – needless to say a surge of natural electricity and copious numbers of data storage devices do not go together!
Many datacenters in the region suffered in the same storm, however we were happy to report that not a single one of our racks in the datacenter was affected. However, this good outcome wasn’t down to luck. Though unlikely (or so we thought!), this eventuality was something that the experts at EvoSwitch were fully prepared for. When building our datacenter, we were sure to follow a number of technical standards and guidelines. These were designed to ensure that should something like a lightning strike occur, we would have everything in place to minimize its effect on the running of the datacenter and – most importantly – our storage of customers’ data.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary facilities activities are performed as well as safeguarding the continuity of the technical systems, in the broadest sense, of EvoSwitch.
Job responsibilities include:
– Performing facilities and minor technical duties.
– Responsible for keeping the data halls neat and tidy.
– Responsible for executing In-house Cabling orders.
– Locating and notifying faults, and rectifying faults yourself where possible.
– Supervising sub-contractors and suppliers and ensuring that they can perform their work properly.
– In accordance with duty rota, will be on call (24/7) for faults and emergencies.